Monday, April 21, 2014

Usai in Japan 2013 - Kyoto's Golden Temple Kinkaku-ji

Hello my dear mauw-mauws,

when I get asked, which is the most impressive/beautiful building in the world for me, I would answer without hesitation: "Kinkaku-ji". I think I have never seen such an impressive building as the temple is in my whole life. On our photos it almost looks like the temple is painted and the reflection of the temple in the water is also striking. The temple is girded with an unique splendor. Crystal clear, that it is one of Kyoto's greatest landmarks (or even of whole Japan). I'm so happy that we visited the Kinkaku-ji and the garden during our stay in Japan last summer.

the temple is covered in gold leaf

The temple was probably built at the end of the 14th century and is a temple of Zen sect of buddhism. The temple has been burnt down more than once, no matter due to wars or arson (1950s). In 1955 the temple has been restored and is by now recognized as UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. You have to pay an admission of 400 Yen (~3,30€) to enter - but it is worth!!! I don't think I need to write any more details bout the temple and it's garden - the photos speaking for themselves:




tourist mode ON - it looks like Im standing in front of a painting - but the temple is reality X'D

Kinkaku-ji and the pond Kyoko-chi



Kuraude, Don and Mochi in front of the installation
souvenir shops and more

The day we visited the temple was probably the hottest day during our journey in Japan. It is told, that it is in Kyoto almost always even warmer than in the rest of Japan. Japanese summers are way hotter and muggier than in central europe. Ironically, I didn't had any sunburn in Japan (yeah!!) but sadly I came back to germany with no browned skin at all and had to bear my friends/colleagues funny jokes about my "so not browned" skin. Seems like my fair skin is immune to sun...

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures
    Love
    Want to follow each other?
    New Post Sandy Sandhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely photos! I love this temple and I love Kyoto so much! *__*

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything's so beautiful :________

    I really hope I'll be able to go to Japan one day. Until then... *siiiiigh* -_-

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im crossing fingers for you. Right now Im saving money for our next trip ^^

      Delete
  4. you have a great blog
    I love to read travel post!
    Hi dear how are you?
    I'm new visitor to your site.
    would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
    MY-Emily
    Please, let me know! ;)
    Follow me and I will follow you back for certain
    (leave a blog link at my blog after follow so I can go back ur blog again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can just return this compliments to you own blog. Looking forward to future entries, best wishes!

      Delete
  5. Wow so pretty ;u;
    I want to go there someday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have to - you want regret it's worth the money ^__^

      Delete
  6. Er ist so schön. *_* Da fehlen einem echt die Worte!!

    ReplyDelete