Monday, April 7, 2014

Heading for new shores - new job!

Hello my lovely mauw-mauws,

sorry, personal post.
As I mentioned in some of my posts before, I was quite busy during february and march. The reason behind that was my change of job towards the end of march. My former job wasn't fulfilling me anymore and moreover a few, well, let's call them "mysterious" decisions were made (I wrote here also bout it). The best thing to do for me was to look for a new job and I found a great job offer much faster than I thought and nailed it already during mid of February.

My former boss was surprised that I got such a new job that fast and actually he do not wanted me to leave and in the end my new employer had to wait a month longer than they actually planned for me to start working at their place. Im lucky that they agreed - they seem to be very friendly and luckily I am probably that exact person they were looking for! ^O^

Well, in the meantime, I had to train a colleague in my range of duty and at March, 28 was my very last working day at my former employer. The evening before, my mum and I made cake and muffins for my farewell party. I spent more than 6 years at this place and eventhough I was not satisfied with my personal training possibilities here I "enjoyed" my work. I didn't made any friends during this long time because I personally prefer to keep my private life apart from my professional life but I got to know some special people which I will never forget. Sure, that I wanted to give something back.

As I entered my office this morning I was greeted first by this sign at the office door:


this is actually my working place ^_^6

my office colleague and another colleague of mine went very early this morning to work to prepare everything. I felt really touched.

my office colleague ordered this special cupcakes from Cuperella especially for me... <3

another (polish) colleague gave this to me <3 yaaamm~
flowers as far as the eye can see - the two roses I got from Don that day, the lil couple of roses and the sweets I got from my colleagues and the lil deco-flowers in the front I got from our front desk lady

Towards early afternoon I started my "farewell party". My whole department went there and presented me a really great cupboard:


"A cupboard ful of money for a new Lolita dress"

They'd raised money and maked this cupboard. To  be honest, I didn't counted the money yet, actually I would like to save it for bad times but my colleagues isisted that I buy a new Lolita Outfit. ^__^6 During the afternoon also scientists and technicians went to my party. It was great seeing them again and they seemed pretty sad/shocked about me leaving the institute.

A few days before, I received also a special gift from one of our project partners from the Netherlands. He asked me after we finsihed the reporting issue with the EC whether I like Vla (a dutch sweet dessert) and if so which kind of Vla I like the most. I wrote that I like rice vla and forest frutis the most and forgot bout that mails. During my last week at my former workplace I got a call from my colleague who works at our reception: "Someone left a present for you - looks like bakery stuff!". I instantly "ran" down to her room and saw this great Vla's:


I tell you, they were so delicious. Luckily, I got the chance to meet my new friend from the Netherlands because he took part in a workshop which was hold at our institute that day. Guys, I really have to say: I love the dutch people! They are so open-minded and friendly and funny! We promised each other to stay in touch eventhough I will start a new job very soon. What a great guy! He told me that he especially went to this bakery this morning at 6.00am and that this bakery is "famous" in the netherlands for their Vla! <3

During your last days you will always recognize who really likes you and wishes you really the best. I was pretty touched during my last day and although I leave of my own free will I felt kinda sad because time is something you can't shake up that easily. I will for sure miss some of my former colleagues.

But: Who is my new employer? Well, I can't tell you any exact details, but it is also a research institute and also located in Aachen's research campus. My assignment stays more or less the same with the difference that I can improve myself further.

Currently I am enjoying my five weeks lasting holidays. I have to restart working only in May and in the meantime I want to enjoy my life, spent more time with my friends and family and I want to improve my japanese- and sewing-skills.

all the best - a greeting from my former colleagues 

To say farewell isn't that easy at all but on the other hand I can still stay in touch with some of my now ex-colleagues. Can't wait to enjoy a cupcake or two in a few weeks with my ex-bestie-colleagues at Cuperella. =)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, nicht schlecht! Voll toll! ;_; vlg~<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaa.. ich hätte fast geweint weil es so lieb war p__q

      Delete
  2. wie süß von deinen alten kollegen ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ja, das stimmt allerdings. Werde einige echt vermissen.. aber nur weil wir keine Kollegen mehr sind heißt es ja nicht das man sich nicht mehr sehen kann ^^

      Delete
  3. Ich weiß, wie schwer das ist von seinen Arbeitskollegen Abschied zu nehmen. :/ Hab das ja vor 1,5 Jahren auch mit gemacht. Aber manchmal ist es eben besser, wenn man sich beruflich neu orientiert und im Endeffekt gewinnt und lernt man nur dazu. Ich wünsche dir jedenfalls ganz viel Spaß und Erfolg bei deinem neuen Arbeitgeber und die alten Kollegen sind ja nicht aus der Welt. ;)

    ReplyDelete