Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lil Mariko's surgery

Hello my dear mauw-mauws,

I knew that 2014 will be a more difficult year for my pet rats and me. Already 3 weeks ago I spotted that Mariko got a very lil lump. I didn't expect that Mari(ko) would get a lump right now. She is only 1 year and three month old - I rather expected Vanilla or Carli would get another one because they are both in that typical "age" for benign tumours.

Well, I went to my vet and again and again and we delayed the surgery appointment twice because Mari caught a cold - a pretty persistent one which couldn't be fought with common antibiotics. In order Mari will be fit for her upcoming surgery, I had to go with her to the vet four times in a row and my vet had to "dope" her healthy. Last friday then, which was also my very last working day at my current working place, Mari went in surgery. Luckily Don could bring Mariko to the vet in the morning and in the afternoon we picked her up again together.

cutie Mariko
Mari is doing well after her surgery but she seems in some way "offended" - Mari is a lil princess and I need to pamper her now a lot I guess. My vet told  me that she got a benign tumour and that it was easily to remove it.

Mari, a few hours after her surgery
For the coming week, Mari has to stay in a separate cage in order she can recover. I feel always sorry for them, but it is better this way. Otherwise, especially Luma would probably start to gnaw at Mari's wound >__>. I am confident that Mari will recover very quickly, she is still pretty young and full of vitality. Her cold is also finally gone, too.

Mochi and Mariko

I hope Mari will forgive me for bringing her to the vet that often - I simply needed to do this. ;-) She is such a lil diva....

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope your sweet Mariko will get better as soon as possible! : )

    ❤✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, she is doing very well ^^

      Delete
  2. Ich hoffe das es ihr gaaaanz schnell wieder beser geht <3

    Awwww das Bild mit Mari und Mochi ist sooo süß <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank. Mari ist ganz die Alte, als sei nie etwas geschehen. Ratties sind schon hart im nehmen ^^

      Delete