Monday, June 24, 2013

Do you know my pet rats?

Hello my lovely mauw-mauws,

time has come for a new entry of my "Do you know?"-series. This time I am going to introduce you to my in total six pet rats.  <3

Carli, Joy, Mariko, Vanilla, Luma and Evora






Vanilla
 
Date of birth: 1st of April 2012
Color & marking: Red Eyed Seal Point Siamese
Nicknames: Fatty-Chan <3
Loves: to lick hands, treats
Hates: To be touched by Don X'D
Characteristics: She's kinda difficult. In the past we had some problems with her because she didn't accepted Joy, Mariko and Evora but now it is finally okay. Vanilla's sight is pretty poor (red-eye) and that's why she is sometimes a bit jumpy. We gave her the nickname "Fatty-Chan".. well, because she's a bit.. fat.. that's why <3 ^^







Carli

 Date of birth: 14th of April 2012
Color & marking: Mink Variegated Down Under
Nicknames: Calu
Loves: Multivitamin paste
Hates: to be stroked while sleeping
Characteristics: Carli gets everyday "mated" by Mariko, actually female rats are on heat only every 4 days.. but Carli is it everyday.. ö_Ö ..moreover poor Carli seems to be the lowrankest of the pack. Most people think that Carli is the most beautiful rat of my pack.. and its true she is really beautiful.











Luma

Date of birth: 10th of August 2012
Color & marking: Dumbo Husky
Nicknames: Luma-Chan
Loves: to be stroked when she's tired
Hates: to be pushed away when gnawing the sofa XD
Characteristics: Luma is a difficutie. On the one side she is the one who enjoys my tender loving care the most but on the other side she wants to gnaw everything. This is really a bad habit. Luma is one of the highrankest or probably the highestrankest rat of my pack. Luma yawns really like a lion. Her whole body vibrates when she does.












Joy (Snow)

Date of birth: 31st of August 2012
Color & marking: Dumbo Lilac Hooded
Nicknames: Two-Face (X'D)
Loves: food, to watch people
Hates: to be touched to much
Characteristics: Joy is the mother of Evora and Mariko. She is a pretty nosy rat and she is still a lovely mom. She is not only caring for her daughters but also to Vanilla, Carli and Luma. Joy enjoys to pinch into toes. >__<" Joy got two really different ears and hear eyes look pretty different also. Thats why we gave her the nickname "Two Face"









 Evora

Date of birth: 21st of December 2012 (Doomsday!)
Color & marking: Black Silvered Irish
Nicknames: Evo
Loves: To sit on my shoulder, to be around me
Hates: to be alone
Characteristics: Evora is one of Joy's daugthers who were born at my place back last December (World-Doom-Baby-Rats). Evora is pretty nosy and clingy. She enjoys to sit on my shoulder or next to me - really lovely. Evora is eventhough a bit jumpy and hates to be alone. Evora is like Luma, one of the highrankest rats of my pack. Somehow, Evora and her sister Mariko stayed a bit littler than Vanilla, Carli or Luma and I guess thats why they still enjoy a sort of special kid-bonus.






Mariko

Date of birth: 21st of December 201
Color & marking: Black Hooded
Nicknames: Mari, Nummer 35
Loves: to run after Carli
Hates: liquid food
Characteristics: Mariko is a sister of Evora and Joy's daugther. She seems first a bit more reserved than her sister Evora but she isn't that jumpy as her. Mariko is more slender than Evora and she mostly sleeps next to Carli and "mates" her everday. Mariko hates liquid food and she shakes her hands like crazy when she gets in touch with it.






At last I want to show you some snaps I did of my pet rats the last few months:

forget about Lady & the Tramp - >> Carli & Evora

yam-yam rice - Carli, Luma (back) and Mariko

Luma sleeps like a baby and Vanilla cares for me

bad times and a snapshot in time: Joy watchs Luma and Carli - don't worry they were just jealous about food, nothing serious

Luma can sleep everyhwere just like me and Evora is at her favourite place: my shoulder.

Luma enjoys my tender loving care... <3


My six rats made me smile in hours of darkness and they are each of them lovely on their very own way. For me pet rats are the best rodent-pets.
It is really a shame that still many people do not see how lovely and clever pet rats are.

11 comments:

  1. Ahhh wie süss die Nasen sind....und tolle Schnappschüsse...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich mag die Einträge über deine Ratten sehr und die Fotos sind super süß!
    lg Zombie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww~ das freut mich total.. ich hänge sehr an meine 6 kleinen Nasen! ^^

      Delete
  3. Awwwww x3 *vor überzuckerung gestorben*
    Super toller Blogeintrag^^ Die Fotos sind wirklich allerliebst <3
    Hahah und Nicknamen x´D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke danke.. ich hoffe die Einträge über meine Ratties nerven nicht! ^^6

      Delete
  4. Die Steckbriefe zu deinen Ratten sind dir ja super gut gelungen :D

    Und das Bild mit Carli und Evora ist gold wert - echt nicht übel, dass du es geschafft hast, die beiden so zu fotografieren!

    Ich liebe deine kleinen Quälgeister *o*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschön.. die 6 freuen sich sehr darüber ;D

      Delete
  5. Your rats are all so adorable! They all look so sweet. I used to have rats ages ago and have been just dying to have a rat friend again, so this post was so great to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words. Pet rats are really the most lovely rodents. <3 It's great to read that there are more rat lovers in the world =))

      Delete
  6. Your rats are so cute and adorable! They look very tame cuddling into your jacket and licking your hand, I really want to keep one but I've only kept a mouse. Maybe one day!
    (I really like your blog too!) <3

    ReplyDelete