Thursday, May 16, 2013

London - my mums birthday trip

Hello my sweet mauw-mauws,

as I mentioned in my blog entry about my stay in Munich before, I recently also stayed for two days in London. Actually I gave this London-trip as a birthday-gift to my mum back in April and last week the time had finally come and we went to London. ^__^

Me standing in front of the Buckingham Palace.. only a few minutes later we will see the Queen herself in only about 1-2m  in front of us *o*

We had two great days! For my mum it was the very first time to travel by air and in general it was the very first time that my mum and I went on a trip together (without my dad and sis).


Day 1 - Wednesday, 8th of May 2013:

At 7:18 am we took the train towards Cologne/Bonn Airport. We arrived there at about 8:40am and went then straight to our gate. At 10:00am then time has (finally) come and our plane took off to London Gatwick Airport.
YEAH WE ARE IN LONDON! <3

St. Pancras Station / Church

..and at 12:30pm we finally arrived at our hotel nearby St. Pancras /King Station. I have to say that the London people are really kind and helpful. <3 Londons local traffic is at a first glance pretty confusing. ^__^6

Our first must-see was the Buckingham Palace and then later on we wanted to visit the Piccadilly Circus. We decided to travel by underground train to Green Park station because it seemed to be the easiest way. So we went to the Underground station and after about 15 minutes we finally could buy some tickets. Almost all Ticket mashines were out of order that day and everyone had to queue at the service counter. :-/ What a shame!

My mum at Green Park - isnt she just awesome?! <3
From Green Park Station we straightly went to Buckingham Palace and to the Victoria Memorial.

Me at the Victoria Memorial - it was getting windy..
The Victoria Memorial and the Buckingham Palace are true tourists hot spots.

The impressive Buckingham Palace..
Of course we took a lot of photos around those objects of interest and during this my mum picked up that the Queen herself should be at the Buckingham Palace and a few minutes later, as we stand at some of the smaller gates some security guards appeared and indicated us to clear the lil lane in front of the gate. Seems like some visitors of the Buckingham Palace want to leave, my mum and I thought. But.. IT WAS THE QUEEN HERSELF! She was smiling at us while sitting in the car - she just passed in front of us.. and we were that surprised that we didn't make any picture! Well, who could have known that the Queen herself would leave the Buckingham Palace?! What a surpise that was!

there the Queen drives away.. 
After that razzamatazz we decided to go in the direction of the Piccadilly Circus and Piccadilly Lane.


The Piccadilly Circus and Lane is famous for it's shopping and entertainment areas.


my mum with a cool guy of the Cool Britannia Store
The Cool Britannia Store is probably one of the biggest souvenir stores in UK. They offer a wide range of articles which are London/United Kingdom related. Here I bought f. e. two Hello Kitty Plushies in United Kingdom design (see photo at the very bottom of this entry). At the Piccadilly Lane were one store by another and then some special bulding caught my attention: The London Trocadero



The London Trocadero is a sort of mall and entertainment area. And inside this building were also a small but great store called "TokyoToys". They offered a wide range of mega-super-cute Pokemon Plushies I never ever saw before in Germany and/or during a convention. And now guess which Pokemon Plushie they had? YES, they sold a mega-super-cute Charmander Plushie <3 ~ I felt like Im in heaven! I love Charmander so much .. and so I bought this plushie immediately. <33 If you love kawaii stuff I recommend you visiting this store when you're in London! <3 Besides Pokemon-Plushies they also sold Kigurumis and a wide range of Anime/Manga merchandise.

Meanwhile it was already late afternoon and we get really really hungry and tired and decided to eat something. OF COURSE, I had stomachache afterwards, I felt temporary pretty sick but we still had to get over all the way back to our hotel. Thankfully, I was feeling better during the afternoon/evening. At our hotel we made a break for about one hour and then we went to a nearby garden, the Tavistock Square. As we entered the garden this tree caught my attention:


This cherry-tree was planted in memory of the victims of Hiroshima. 
But the true centre-piece of the garden was something else:


A big statue of Mahatma Gandhi.

I really liked Tavistock Square. Everything looked so peaceful.. to say nothing of the weather which was getting pretty stormy in the evening.


Day 2 - Thursday, 9th of May 2013:

What a night. We didn't slept that well.  Everytime the flush were activated by anyone in the whole entire hotel we start-up from our sleeps because it was really, really loud. :-/ Well, nevertheless the Hotel was okay for staying one night there. At 7:00am we went downstairs for breakfast. They only served english breakfast, I knew this in advance, but.. well english breakfast is just not my "cup of tea" when you know what I mean. My mum and I only ate some toasts and then we went into our room again and then did the check-out. Our main-aim for today was Camden, especially the famous Camden Markets. Unlike the first day, we wanted to travel today by double-decker bus.

Would be great if we had also such double-decker busses in my hometown.. <3
I really like the view you have when sitting in such a bus. <3
At bus stop "Camden Road" we leave the bus and then.. well we thought we would be in the middle of Camden Town.. but.. well, to be honest I still do not know where exactly we were.. but after strolling around for almost 20 minutes we finally found Camden Town and its Markets ='D ..

nearby the Camden Market
At the Camden Market you can find many alternative clothes, accessories but also great souvenir stuff, paintings, bags and more. Most products are offered at a good price. All stores are in or at former stables which gives the whole area an interesting atmosphere.


We were a bit early that morning, as this photo was taken many of the "stores" were still closed

at Camden Market you can find many indian related products
At Camden Market I bought a very cute scarf with deer print and a useful cute bag. During the first day I bought so much stuff that I really needed a bigger bag.. I was so lucky that I found such a cute bag (see picture below). We stayed the whole morning and midday at Camden.. until it began to rain, rain, rain. We went then back to our hotel were we could kindly store our luggage for that day and then strolled around St. Pancras before we then finally took the train towards Gatwick Airport. Actually, our flight should go at 7:00pm, but we had a delay of about 30 minutes and in the end we arrived at 10:00pm local time back in germany. Lovely Don picked us up at Cologne/Bonn Airport. What a service! <3

Mum, I really hope you enjoyed our trip eventhough it was a bit stressful. ;-) I really would like to do such a short city trip with you again. =) It was great spending so much time with you  <3


And now, last but not least, my London purchases:


Bag: Bought at Camden Market for 10 GBP
Hello Kitty United Kingdom Flag Design: Bought at Cool Britannia for 8 GBP
Hello Kitty House Guard Design: Bought at Cool Britannia for 8 GBP
I Love London Shirt: Bought at Cool Britannia for 5 GBP
Purple Scarf With Deer Print: Bought at Camden Market for 3 GBP
Audrey Hepburn Cup: Bought at Cool Britannia for 5 GBP
Charmander Plushie: Bought at Tokyo Toys for 19 GBP


5 comments:

  1. So awesome, but too short time to see all of London.
    Thanks again to my daughter for the trip to Great Britain :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hach~ ich will auch mal wieder nach London *_* Das ist so eine tolle Stadt~

    Ihr habt ja wirklich viel gesehen in den zwei Tagen Echt schöner Bericht ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, warum hab ich Trocadero nur nicht gesehen, als ich da war? D:
    Und nach Camden möchte ich auch unbedingt beim nächsten Mal, wir haben es einfach nicht geschafft >__<
    Schöner Bericht und tolles Geschenk für deine Mum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Klingt nach einem sehr schönen Trip (und einem wundertollen Geschenk ♥)!
    Deine Mutter erinnert mich sehr an meine xD So von den Haaren (die meiner Mutter sind halt rot), Figur, Piercings (meine nahm die meißten allerdings mittlerweile raus), Tattoos...xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wuaah.. wie cool! Ich finde es total toll das meine Ma noch so "hip" ist.. und es ist cool zu hören das es anscheinend mehr von ihrer Sorte gibt =D

      Delete