Sunday, October 21, 2012

Japanse Tuin Hasselt - Japanese Garden Hasselt

Hello my dear mauw-mauws,

Don and I visited the Japanese Garden in Hasselt, Belgium (Japanse Tuin) last thursday. I planned to visit this garden for a long time and now I finally had the time to visit it (I had holidays last monday and from wednesday to friday,too). It was also a perfect oppurtinity to wear my Wa-Lolita Outfit again. ^__^ The Japanse Tuin in Hasselt (Belgium) is about 1 1/2 hours away from my hometown. The garden was built in 1992 thanks to the warm relationship to Hasselt's sister town Itami (Japan). This year is also the 20-year-anniversary of the garden and for that reason there were a lot of various events - but not so on the day we went there. Fortunately, so I or we had the oppurtinity to take great photos without having other people on it.

One of my favourite photos is this one here below:


I think it looks a bit like we were in Japan. When Im looking at the photos, I simply can't await to visit Japan next summer. It is really one of my biggest dreams. It may sounds nerdy, but I hope I do not burst into tears that moment when I will feel for the first time japanese ground under my feet, I'm pretty sentimental in such things. X'D But, well, in the meantime, those beautiful japanese garden had to bridge my longing for Japan.

Back on topic: The Japanese Garden in Hasselt is beautiful but unlike the two Japanese Garden in Duesseldorf you have to pay admission (5,00€). And it was not that easy to find the garden in Hasselt. We used our navigation guide to find the garden, but the adress they state on their official page guided us into a nearby street, still about 1km away. Luckily we saw shortly afterwards a pretty little sign which guided us in the end to the japanese garden. The garden itself was not well-signposted, I can't get it why Hasselt do not bring on bigger and brighter signs. I think the garden is the most beautiful thing you can see in Hasselt - Hasselt itself do not looked that interesting or beautiful at all.

When entering the garden you first went along a traditional japanese looking arch:






Next up we were greeted by the probably biggest Koi's I have ever seen in my life:


They were pretty trusting and seemto expect that we would feed them. Those big Koi's must worth a fortune! As we avert our gaze from the beautiful Koi's away this waterfall caught our attention:


We went through the garden and along the river and took more photos:

lovely Don <3


Don't you think the colours of autumn are beautiful? The perception of this day for me was the fact that I really had to visit Japan in autumn, too. Maybe I can do this even in autumn 2014! ^__^ ~ I really felt in love with this play of colors.


The garden also had a miniaturised Shinto - Temple (maybe it is a Hokora?). Inside the temple were hanging a lot of origami cranes.



A Shinto - Temple is a sort of building or structure where one or more Kami (Gods) are enshrined.


The japanese garden in Hasselt was worth to be seen, eventhough we spent more time in our car for the arrival and departure. But I guess, I like the Eko Garden in Duesseldorf even more. I can't describe really why, but I have the impression that the Eko Garden in Duesseldorf got a greater japanese atmosphere - the garden in Hasselt appeared in a way to clean and blank.


Thank you for your company, Don! 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful....i love the silence of the Japanese Garden.

    ReplyDelete