Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Cosplays – 1st – Princess Peach [SSBB] of Super Mario

Hello my lovely mauw-mauws,

Like the “Do you know..?”-series I already have on my Blog I decided to start a sort of “My Cosplays”-series, where I tell and show you all my Cosplays so far in chronological-order.

First up is my very first Cosplay – Princess Peach (formerly known as Princess Toadstool)  [Super Smash Bros. Brawl – Version] of Super Mario




Princess Peach Cosplay – Profile:
Cosplay No.: 1
Created in: 2009 and improved in 2010 with my mum
Costs: about 150€
Hours to make: ~40-50h
Weared at: Gamescom 2009 (Saturday), Connichi 2009 (Sunday), Animagic 2010 (Friday), Connichi 2010 (Saturday), Connichi 2011 (Saturday) and Frankfurt Book Fair / Buchmesse 2012 (Saturday)
Events in the future: ???



Why do I wanted to cosplay Peach ?
I love princesses.
I love pink.
I love videogames.
I simply love Princess Peach.
I am a fan of girly characters and Peach is one of my favourites. And because she is wearing such a beautiful dress in the Wii-Game “Super Smash Bros. Brawl” (SSBB), my decision was clear: I had to Cosplay Peach in this Version. Unlike to the original Super Mario-Games, Peach’s dress is in SSBB very detailed and more princess-like. And I wanted to look like a real princess while I’m wearing this Cosplay.

update: May 2016
photo taken @ RPC 2016


Any unforgettable experiences ?
Connichi 2009: Due to the fact I was cosplaying Peach I get to know two nice Cosplay-Friends: Mino and Lobby. I guess, this is the best experience I had with this Cosplay. =)
Connichi 2010: As Don wanted to pay our “holiday apartment” Sunday mornings nearby Kassel, in which we stay during the Connichi every year since then, our renter told him that he had seen us in the local newspaper in our Super Mario Cosplays. It was an awesome feeling and we were all pretty proud. 
Besides I cover all our bags and more, when we were asked for a photo, under my huge hoop petticoat. This is really handy (there is nothing worser than to see all bags and so on a cosplay photo!).
Frankfurt Book Fair 2012: Gosh! I thought our group were pretty popular during the Connichi but the Book Fair was even more blatant for us. We were asked for photos every few metres. AMAZING.

2 comments: